Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox vt-x error while use Vbox

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jack durgaryan 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Cheryle Custer

User reports on Twitter they receive error: anyone get the vt-x error while trying to run #hortonworkssandbox @hortonworks using VirtualBox?

Note from Hortonworks: Jack, please provide more details here. What version of Vbox, which OS and version, which browser.

Thanks, Cheryle

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Cheryle,

It seems like i first need to upgrade my bios because the current one i have does not support virtualization. Other people with my same laptop had the same problem http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Y650-virtualization-Intel-VT-SOLVED/td-p/180339 .

Thank you! I will keep you updated once i upgrade my bios.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

HI Jack,

is your hardware enabled for virtualization? Are you running other virtualization layers?

The VBox docs says this about the error https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=8669:
    You need a 64-bit processor with hardware virtualization support (see User Manual chapter 1.2, Software vs. hardware virtualization (VT-x and AMD-V), page 10) and a 64-bit host operating system.
    NOTE: Since version 2.1.0, you can run 64 bit Guests while running a 32 bit Host. The prior requirement for Operating System is only for version 2.0.x. You still need the proper hardware.

Collapse

The following is the full text:
    Result Code:
    E_FAIL (0×80004005)
    Component:
    Console
    Interface:
    IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

btw i reinstalled virtualbox and allocated more ram; still got the same error.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Thanks Jack. Were you running any other virtualization layer on the computer when you got the vt-x error? If you can reproduce the error can you please provide the full text of the error message? Looking at the Virtualbox forums, looks like there are several vt-x error conditions.

Thanks

Collapse

I got it to work on a different computer. I am running windows 7(64-bit) on both and used virtualbox 4.2.6. I am not sure what causes it malfunction on the first computer i tried it on, but it might be the RAM(first = 4gb, second = 6gb).
    Thanks,
    Jack

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)