Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Want to extract my server logs to HDFS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Liu 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mur Raguthu

Is it Flume is the only solution? I was able to install Flume on Sandbox but I got sutck at configuration. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Larry Liu

Hi, Mur,

I think the first thing to do is to set up flume agent on SQL servers.

I am referring to the following web site:

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#configuring-a-multi-agent-flow

Please let us know when you have questions during configuration.

Larry

Collapse

Mur Raguthu

Hi Larry,
    As of now we are able to pull messages from sandbox file system to HDFS (same server) via Flume-NG. We have multiple SQL servers and would like to pull those server logs to HDFS for analysis. That is the plan..

Is that makes sense? Please let us know.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Mur,

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do? From your last post, you are planning to extract other server logs in to Sandbox HDFS. I am wondering if you could provide more detail? We can start from here.

Thanks
    Larry

Collapse

Mur Raguthu

We are able to set up Flume-NG in Sandbox and able to load ‘sandbox log files’ from same sandbox to HDFS. Now we are planning to extract other server logs in to Sandbox HDFS. Yes I am going through documentation and planning to set up like “$ telnet localhost 44444”. Did anybody done this with Sandbox? Share your experiences please?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Mur,

Thanks for trying the Hortonworks Sandbox.
    Am I correct in assuming that you’ve read over the documentation at : http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html ?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)