Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Warning messages during Confirm Host step using Cluster Install Wizard

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vick R 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Vick R
    Participant

After adding and registering host to the cluster using Cluster Install Wizard, I got couple of warning messages

1)Firewall is running on the following hosts. Please configure the firewall to allow communications on the ports documented in the Configuring Ports section of the Ambari documentation
    Issues- iptables Running Running on1host
    So I disabled the iptables using service iptables stop command and verified it.

2) Umask was set to 23.
    So I set umask to 0022.

After manually resolving the issues, click Rerun Checks.
    To manually resolve issues on each host run the HostCleanup script (Python 2.6 or greater is required):

After I manually made these changes and I tried to execute HostCleanup.py script as per the direction in the message, I got an error message-

[root@hadoop1 ambari_agent]# python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py”, line 127
    with open(config_file_path, ‘r’):
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Please advice.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Warning messages during Confirm Host step using Cluster Install Wizard’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Vick R
    Participant

Jeff,
    it worked well for me after installing Python 3.3. Since my machine was running on RHEL 5.5, I had many issues which I reported here so as per advice from one of my collegue, I cleanedup my machine and installed RHEL 6.1 and the whole installation completed successfully in less than an hour,

Thanks for your help
    Vick

Collapse

Vick R
    Participant

Thanks for this tip Jeff.
    [root@hadoop1 ~]# python -V
    Python 2.4.3. While reading the documentation more, it needs version 2.6.x for script to run. So now I am on to my task of installing verison 2.6.6 for OEL 5.5 and will provide another update later.

Vick R

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Can you check what version of python you are running?

[root@c6402 data]# python — –version
    Python 2.6.6

Collapse

Vick R
    Participant

The output is -
    [root@hadoop1 ~]# ls -l /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/*
    -rw-r—– 1 root root 243 Dec 28 10:12 /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/hostcheck.result
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9 Oct 21 18:10 /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/version

And the contents of hostcheck.result-

[processes]
    proc_list =

[users]
    usr_homedir_list =
    usr_list =

[repositories]
    repo_list =

[directories]
    dir_list =

[alternatives]
    symlink_list =
    target_list =

[packages]
    pkg_list =

[metadata]
    created = 2013-12-28 10:13:44.674892

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

On that host, what are the contents of this directory?

ls -l /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/*

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)