Home Forums Hive / HCatalog webHcat installation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Liu 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

zuhair attya

i am trying to install webHcat the manual is stating to edit a file calld webhcat-env.xml. i cannt see this file existing anyhere in the companion file. in fact its contents are similar to templton-site.xml.. can i use the them for the same purpose or rename it?
    or is this a mistake in the webHcat installation manual is the entire steps are refering to webHcat and not templeteon.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘webHcat installation’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Larry Liu

Hi, zuhair

I reviewed our manual RPM installation for webhcat and I think it is a bug in the documentation.

Thanks for finding this bug.

Larry

Collapse

zuhair attya

hi ted.. and thank yi

I am trying to install webhcat manually, so the same did for other components…

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Zuhair,

WebHcat is the new name for templton in 1.2. If you are doing a fresh installation of HDP 1.2, you can use the templton-site.xml and rename it to webhcat for the same purpose.

Thanks,
    Yi.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Zuhair,

How are you attempting to install webhcat? Are you adding it to an already existing cluster? if so what method did you use to install the other hadoop components?

Tthanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)