Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation WebHCat Smoke Test network Error dns_unresolved_hostname

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rodulfo 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Rodulfo
    Participant

I installed HDP2 using Ambari server, and I get this error on the WebHCat Smoke Test:

“notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-templeton::Templeton::Service_check/Hdp-templeton::Smoke_shell_file[templetonSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/templetonSmoke.sh]/returns: Templeton Smoke Test (status cmd): Failed. :
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-templeton::Templeton::Service_check/Hdp-templeton::Smoke_shell_file[templetonSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/templetonSmoke.sh]/returns: Network Error
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-templeton::Templeton::Service_check/Hdp-templeton::Smoke_shell_file[templetonSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/templetonSmoke.sh]/returns:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-templeton::Templeton::Service_check/Hdp-templeton::Smoke_shell_file[templetonSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/templetonSmoke.sh]/returns:

notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-templeton::Templeton::Service_check/Hdp-templeton::Smoke_shell_file[templetonSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/templetonSmoke.sh]/returns: Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-templeton::Templeton::Service_check/Hdp-templeton::Smoke_shell_file[templetonSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/templetonSmoke.sh]/returns: ”

I checked directly on my browser: http://myhost:50111/templeton/v1/status and I got {“status”:”ok”,”version”:”v1″} I also checked on the server and nslookup works for ip and hostname

Any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Rodulfo
    Participant

All right! Thanks Kenny.

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Rod,

I would like to have webEx session to troubleshoot this further. I’ll contact you.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Rodulfo
    Participant

Wait a minute, what it did work after shuting down the iptables firewall was, that I was able to see the HDFS trough Hue, but unfortunately the WebHCat smoke test continues to return: “Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)”.

Answering your questions: Ambari Server is on the same node, selinux is “permisive” and iptables is turned off.

Collapse

Rodulfo
    Participant

Hi!

Wehcat is on the same node as Ambari Server, yes. I checked and iptables firewall was on after a reboot, so I just turned it off and it worked.

Thanks for the help!
    Rod

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Rodulfo,

Could you please share a little bit of the background of this cluster? How is webhcat deployed? Is it on the same node as ambari-server?
    If no, could you please check to see if selinux and iptables are turn off.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Kenyy

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)