Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Welcome to the new Hortonworks Sandbox!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Babar Shaik 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Cheryle Custer

I’m excited to announce the availability of the new Hortonworks Sandbox. This forum is the destination for any issue or question you may have on the use of the Sandbox. I’d love to hear your feedback on the Sandbox — the tutorials, the functionality or other feature of the Sandbox. Feel free to post your comments here.

For more information about the Sandbox, check out this blog http://hortonworks.com/blog/hortonworks-sandbox-the-fastest-on-ramp-to-apache-hadoop/.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Babar Shaik
    Participant

Hi, I have downloaded and configured the 2.1 sandbox on VirtualBox. on WEb UI, I can only see a home / static page.. no controls/menu to interact with Hadoop.

can someone help here please.. how to get the menu to interact with hadoop?

Collapse

Srinivasa Venigalla
    Participant

I downloaded vmplayer and hadoop sandbox 2.1 on my Windows 7 & 8.1 machine. when i started the vmplayer, got the http://192.168.77.129 for GUI use.

In sandbox home screen, to deep driver in to sandbox enter the ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222 in vmplayer.
    when i enter this comments in vmplayer, got the below error.

ssh : connection to host 127.0.0.1 port 2222: connection refused.

Any idea what might be the issue here? or i am missing anything here.

Collapse

Rakesh Soni
    Participant

Hi

Since last 36 hours I am trying to download the HDP Sandbox but having issue and getting error like “Failed – Network Error”. No issue with VM Player download and install ? If you want to know my internet is working just fine and am able to download many other things.

Pls. help ASAP.

Collapse

Ulrich Guldborg
    Participant

Hi Christofper

You should use http://192.168.111.128:8000

Collapse

Hello and thank you in advance for your help!

I downloaded vmplayer and hadoop sandbox 2.1 on my Windows 8.1 machine. I managed to figure out how to go into my system BIOS menu and enable VT-x to get that piece working but when I try to access the GUI website I am having issues. I can navigate to this address: http://192.168.111.128/ but inside of that page, when I try to click the address http://127.0.0.1:8000 to get started, it says that “This page can’t be displayed” and that the remote device will not accept the connection. Any idea what might be the issue here?

Collapse

Balaji Chakilam
    Participant

Hi, I wanted to download this Sandbox but before that i wanted to know if the sandbox has the HBase installed in it.

Collapse

Ian Holsman
    Participant

This is more a feature request.
    could you install the avahi service on the sandbox?
    this enables Bonjour, and allows me to go

$ ssh root@sandbox.local
    instead of trying to remember the IP#

Collapse

Kevin Ehsani
    Participant

I am doing this for the first time and on windows 8.1 I followed the instructions for installing oracle virtual box and now trying to import sandbox appliance. The notes I have do not indicated a separate procedure for downloading sandbox and when I go to virtual box menu for importing sandbox there is simply nothing there when I select the option. could anyone please tell me what I am missing. Thanks.

Collapse

Lawrence Spiller
    Participant

I downloaded the image again today with more success. The filesize is 2,692,704 KB rather than the 2,071,617 KB I got yesterday.

This file loads into Virtual Box with Ubuntu(32 bit) OS.

When I try to start it it fails: “This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.”

My host PC is only 32 bit so I guess I’m stuffed?

Collapse

Lawrence Spiller
    Participant

I’ve downloaded the VM twice and am trying to import it into Virtualbox 4.3.12 running on Windows 7.

Both times I get the same error:

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\lspiller\Downloads\Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1.ova.
    Could not create the clone medium ‘C:\Users\lspiller\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1\Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1-disk1.vmdk’.
    VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘H:\Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).
    Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component: Appliance
    Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

It seems unlikely this is a random corruption during download if the corruption is inan identical place.

I’m downloading with IE 8. Is this likely to be the issue?

Thanks

Collapse

Daniele
    Participant

thanks!

Collapse

teknetik
    Participant

As I understand HDP is compatible with Amazon and in turn openstack. You might find this guide on installing on amazon useful, process with be different but the concept the same.

http://hortonworks.com/blog/deploying-hadoop-cluster-amazon-ec2-hortonworks/

Collapse

Mohan Radhakrishnan
    Participant

Can i run HortonWorks Hadoop inside OpenStack ? Are there tutorials ? Mine is a laptop.

Collapse

Ashish Chand

when i access the URL for sandbox and i got a login page where user name and password is mentioned and when i tried to login with the same credential i got following error:

Error mess:
    “CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.”

Help:
    Reason given for failure:
    No CSRF or session cookie.

please let me know how to avoid this error as its blocking me to access the virtual URL.

Thanks,

Collapse

John Gillick

Hello!
    I’m wondering if the Hortonworks Sandbox runs on Ubuntu 12.04? If someone could let me know if this is the right place to post this question I would appreciate it as well.

Thank you very much.
    John

Collapse

Nidhi Jain

HI
    on windows 7, I have downloaded Hortonworks Sandbox 1.3 for Oracle Virtualbox
    After I START the machine and I get the IP address 127.0.0.1:8888/
    I paste this into the browser and the message I get is unable to connect to the IP address….

Collapse

I tried installing on Windows 8.0. I am using a 8 GB machine with Virtual box installed. I could install the virtual machine and i started the centos…everything was fine .. till the ip address that i got was 10.0.3.15 and i pasted this on the web browser . But the page would no load.. I tried many times but no luck. Any suggestions…

Asuri

Collapse

when i open the virtual machine , its asking the login details (login id and password). If i give my login details (with which i registered here) its not working. Is there any specific login id and password i need to use

Collapse

I have Windows & Professional Version 6.1 Build 7601 SP1 using VMWare Player 6.0.0 build-1295980 with HortonWorks VMWare Hortonworks+Sandbox+1.3+VMware+RC6 obtained 9/16/13
    I followed the documentation to use Network-Adapter Host Only – Connect when power on (which was preset and did not require an add hardware)
    It also occurs when using NAT so it is consistent.

During bootup of vm I see this stream 5 times in console mode – [0-4]
    Using config: /etc/zookeeper/conf/zoo.cfg
    INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: sandbox/192.168.153.129:8020 Already tried [0-4] time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=50, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
    Then it says safe mode is OFF and proceeds with boot.

When I plug in http://192.168.153.129/ into FF the session times out. I’m assuming that this piece means I missed something in configuration?
    That is not the IP of my windows machine and what it resolves to though… so I am wondering where it got the IP?

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Collapse

Hi, I am using the latest available Hortonworks Sandbox. I am facing a small problem while trying to go through the tutorials in it. The videos are not getting played !! Could you please help me with this? I am using the latest version of Chrome.

Collapse

Hi,
    I have downloaded the sandbox for hyper-V and able to import the virtual machine.
    However, when start or bootup of the sandbox, it directed me to sandbox login.
    so i login as root. I am not sure why there is no GUI so i can enter the ip address for hadoop.
    please help.

Thanks,
    Joan

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    Can you start a new post on your issue so others within the community can provide feedback? Looking at the requirements, ESXI wasn’t listed as a requirement. I personally haven’t tried it on ESXi infrastructure. Are you able to use the other recommended vm applications such as vmplayer?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Hi, I am experiencing this error with the OVA file:

The OVF package requires unsupported hardware.
    Details: Line 28: Unsupported hardware family ‘vmx-09’.

Perhaps I need a version that is specific to ESXi 5.0? Was this version designed for 5.1? Let me know if you would like an XML file of the error.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Ooshma,

From the Sandbox home page at: http://hortonworks.com/products/hortonworks-sandbox/

System Requirements:
    Mac, Windows 7
    Minimum 4GB RAM, VirtualBox version 4.2 or higher; VMware Fusion 5.0 or higher; VMware Player 5.0 or higher
    Browser: Chrome 25, IE 9 and Safari 6 recommended

Thanks for trying the Hortonworks Sandbox,
    Ted

Collapse

What are minimum HW specs required to install Hortonworks Sandbox?

Collapse
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)