Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation What after I install HDP 1.3?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Monika Chugh

Hi Guys

I have very basic question here. I have set up a single node hadoop cluster with windows and HDP 1.3. Question is what next now? In the sandbox, I had everything nice and ready to use, just on the click of an icon. How do I do this when I actually installed HDP 1.3.
    1. Do I need to install hive and pig and the likes separately?
    2. If no, how can I access these? I do not see anything in programs. If question to one is yes, then where do I install it from. All I get on internet is the zipped tar files which I guess would run on linux only.

Thanks a ton to whoever replies,
    Monika

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Monika,

Thank you for your feedback. Currently Hue is on our Roadmap, but we do not have a commit date yet.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Monika Chugh

Hi Dave and Seth

Thanks for helping me out. It is indeed a bad news since I had convinced my team for using HDP for windows going by the assumption that it will have a nice and easy to use interface which is one big criteria for us windows people.

Anyways, in case you guys have any insight, do we have any idea by when this HUE for windows might be out?

Regards,
    Monika

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Monika,

I also wanted to add that Hue is in HDP on Windows roadmap.

Thanks for trying HDP,

Seth

Collapse

Dave

Hi Monika,

You would need to interrogate the components by a command line or using a java app which you can build.
    The Sandbox (which runs on linux) has HUE (which is not available on Windows)
    HUE is the GUI for the components but you will find you can run hive from the command line and PIG (grunt) etc.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)