Home Forums Oozie What is JobTracker value? (HDP2 Sandbox)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Diwakar Dhanuskodi 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tri Nguyen
    Participant

Hi,
    Using HDP Sandbox 2.0, Hyper-V, static IP

I have a MapReduce Java program which runs OK at the command line. However, when running it as a map-reduce action in an oozie workflow, the job is always stuck at RUNNING status. Killing the job (by oozie job -kill <JobID>), after a long while (may be 30 minutes) the oozie web console http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:11000/oozie/ finally shows the job as KILLED. I could then review the job log ans saw this exception:

[quote]Error starting action [MaxTemperatureMR]. ErrorType [TRANSIENT], ErrorCode [ JA006], Message [ JA006: Call From sandbox.hortonworks.com/192.168.1.72 to sandbox.hortonworks.com:50030 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused;[/quote]

I am confident that the oozie workflow XML definition is OK. The properties file used to configured the job contains:

nameNode=hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020
    jobTracker=sandbox.hortonworks.com:50030
    oozie.wf.application.path=/user/Tri/OozieDemoMaxTemperature

I am not sure what value I should use for jobTracker, I have tried local, sandbox.hortonworks.com:8021, sandbox.hortonworks.com:50030, sandbox.hortonworks.com:50300. All failed by the same error.

Hope you can help guide me toward a solution.
    Regards

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Diwakar Dhanuskodi
    Participant

The jobTracker for Oozie in Hadoop 2.x is ResourceManager’s address:port. You can find this in yarn_site.xml. If your default yarn_site.xml doesn’t contain yarn.resourcemanager.address property then you need to add it if you want specific port otherwise the default port number is taken(most cases 8032).

Collapse

Tri Nguyen
    Participant

Hi Amudhan K,

Works perfect. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Was busy for other projects.

That’s the port 8050 for jobtracker. Just curious, where is the documentation to know the port used by the jobtracker whihc BTW no longer exists in Hadoop 2.x

Thanks for any help

Collapse

Amudhan K
    Participant

Hello Tri Nquyen,
    The port number which you mentioned in your job.properties is a wrong one. The correct jobTracker port number is 8050.
    Change your properties to like this and it will work.

nameNode=hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020
    jobTracker=sandbox.hortonworks.com:8050
    oozie.wf.application.path=/user/Tri/OozieDemoMaxTemperature

The RPC port number for Job History is ip_addrs:19888

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)