HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

What next after HDP is installed on Centos

Vikas Madaan

I have installed HDP 1.3 using Ambari on CentOS 6.x. All the services look to run fine in Ambari. Now i want to use the hadoop. Is there is a web Interface that gets installed where i can access everything like PIG, HIVE, HCatalog, oozie etc. I saw that the sandbox had a very smart web interface where i could access everything at one place. But i am not sure if there is a GUI when we install Hadoop on CentOS.

Vikas Madaan

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Vikas Madaan

Do we need to seperately install HUE after HDP 1.3.2 installation is done or does it get installed along with HDP installaiton?

Hi Vikas,

You need to Install HUE, if you visit the RPM install guide, you will find how to install HUE there.
    Remember, that as you installed HDP using Ambari, you must make the changes to the configuration XML files from within Ambari for the changes to take affect.

Dave Vennergrund

Oh my — this is a terrific thread – and I hope Apache/HortonWorks connects the dots. The gap between the Hortonworks Sandbox and HDP 2.0 is significant without HUE. The installation with Amabari was powerful, but now we need to manually install HUE — gosh, it could have been so much easier. Oh well – time to dig in and hope for the best.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.