Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation What next after HDP is installed on Centos

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Vennergrund 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Vikas Madaan

Hi,

I have installed HDP 1.3 using Ambari on CentOS 6.x. All the services look to run fine in Ambari. Now i want to use the hadoop. Is there is a web Interface that gets installed where i can access everything like PIG, HIVE, HCatalog, oozie etc. I saw that the sandbox had a very smart web interface where i could access everything at one place. But i am not sure if there is a GUI when we install Hadoop on CentOS.

Regards
    Vikas Madaan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave Vennergrund
    Participant

Oh my — this is a terrific thread – and I hope Apache/HortonWorks connects the dots. The gap between the Hortonworks Sandbox and HDP 2.0 is significant without HUE. The installation with Amabari was powerful, but now we need to manually install HUE — gosh, it could have been so much easier. Oh well – time to dig in and hope for the best.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Vikas,

You need to Install HUE, if you visit the RPM install guide, you will find how to install HUE there.
    Remember, that as you installed HDP using Ambari, you must make the changes to the configuration XML files from within Ambari for the changes to take affect.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Vikas Madaan

Do we need to seperately install HUE after HDP 1.3.2 installation is done or does it get installed along with HDP installaiton?

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)