HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

Where can I find the source code of HDP

Dear all:
    Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) is a 100% open source data management platform based on Apache Hadoop.
    ====>So Where is the source code of HDP1.0 ? on Apache website?
    I can’t find the source code through google or Apache website.
    Does any one know the web site to download the source code of Hortonworks Data Platform?

Regards,
    Jeff

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Sasha J

Jeff,

The sources are available in our repository. Run the following command:
    sudo rpm -Uvh http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.0.15/repos/centos6/hdp-release-1.1.0.15-1.el6.noarch.rpm

Then do a search for each of the desired projects for which you desire the source, such as:

sudo yum search hadoop

The above command will give a listing of all available packages with hadoop in the name, this will include the src rpm. Then do a ‘sudo rpm -i -src.rpm’ to get the desired source.
    Sasha.

Hi Sasha :

In fact ,My question is “where can I find the source code of HMC “,instead of “Hadoop”.
    Can you show me where to find the HMC’s source code ?

Regards,
    Jeff

Sasha J

HMC is Apache project called Ambari.
    Search Apache sites for it.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.