Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Why HortonWorks doesn't provide a configured VM Image ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Akki Sharma 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aabbasi
    Participant

Hi,

I have been trying to install HDP on a CentOS image (and obviously not being successful yet !), and it seems that this could be handled in a better way.
    Instead of the MapReduce programmers focussing on writing MapReduce they are spending hours configuring a system.
    Pardon my ignorance, but would it not be simpler if Hortonworks provides a configured VM image (Like TD, Aster, Cloudera) rather than few hundred people trying to configure it and shooting questions to Hortonworks for basic linux tasks ?

Regards,

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Akki Sharma

Hello Abdulrazak,

Hortonworks Hadoop VM image is not available yet however we have a Sandbox environment available on Amazon EC2.

You can find more information about the same here:

http://hortonworks.com/community/virtual-sandbox-2/

Best Regards,
    Akki

Collapse

Is there any update on hortonworks Hadoop VM image avalable for users?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Alasdair,

None, other than to say that this is still in progress. Keep watching the announcements forum, when it is released it will be announced there.

Thanks for your patience.
    Ted.

Collapse

any update Ted?

Al

Collapse

tedr

Hi Chavarattil,

Good News! We are working on just such an image it is scheduled for release near the end of November. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Ted.

Collapse

Sasha,

I have the same situation as of Aabbasi. We are in November with no solutions for this scenario.

Collapse

Sasha J

Hi Aabbasi,

We are working on alternative developer oriented distributions, but currently there is no ETA. In the interim, please send a message to poc-support@hortonworks.com, and someone will reach out to you to discuss other options.

Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)