Home Forums HDFS Windows Eclipse and Linux HDP 2.0

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Molina 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Felix Bekcer
    Participant

Hey guys,

i dont want to mess you up with some easy problems, but hopefully its a breeze for you, to get me out of the mud.

I installed hdp 2.0 via ambari on 3 linux desktops and they running fine. until recently i run my development on a single node cluster and i was working with eclipse directly on the single node linux system. now i want to deploy and run my hadoop / mapred programms from my eclipse editor, which is located on windows, to my linux hdp cluster. i have already installed the hadoop eclipse plugin and i am able to connect to my hdfs on the linux cluster via eclipse on windows.

i already have the configurations files in my java resource folder of my project, and the hdfs connector tries to connect to the real host.domain name : 8020 with the correct hdfs admin account ect…

So what i’m doing wrong?

Regards,

suerte

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert Molina

Hi Felix,
    That is one way to do it. As far as the hadoop eclipse plug-in, this isn’t supported in the current HDP distro since it requires some reworking and needs to go through more testing.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Felix Bekcer
    Participant

I can connect to the hdfs cluster, but i cant run my hadoop project via eclipse on my cluster. I have to build it via maven und copy the jar file to my cluster and start it with hadoop jar MyJar.jar. This is realy annoying.

Regards

Collapse

Robert Molina

HI Felix,
    Apologies, could you clarify what is the issue you are hitting? is that your eclipse project with the hadoop eclipse plugin on your windows machine is not able to connect to your linux cluster?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)