Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Windows HDP 1.3 installation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 12 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,

I’m trying to install HDP 1.3 on Windows Server 2012 and I’m getting this error. Could someone tell me what I’m missing there. kr,

CREATE-USER: Logging to existing log C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install.log
    CREATE-USER: Logging to C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install.log
    CREATE-USER: HDP_INSTALL_PATH: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\scripts
    CREATE-USER: HDP_RESOURCES_DIR: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\resources
    CREATE-USER: UserGroup not provided. Using default UserGroup HadoopUsers.
    CREATE-USER: Setting password for hadoop
    CREATE-USER: Granting SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege
    CREATE-USER: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\resources\installHelper2.exe -u WIN2012\hadoop +r SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege
    CREATE-USER FAILURE: Failed to grant SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege
    HDP FAILURE: Failed to create Hadoop user
    WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped HDP: Following properties will be exported into the environment HDP: Property Value HDP: ——– —– HDP: OOZIE_DB_NAME oozie HDP: OOZIE_DB_USERNAME oozie HDP: WEBHCAT_HOST WIN2012 HDP: OOZIE_SERVER_HOST WIN2012 HDP: OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD oozie HDP: FLUME_HOSTS WIN2012 HDP: ZOOKEEPER_HOSTS WIN2012 HDP: DB_HOSTNAME WIN2012 HDP: HDP_LOG_DIR c:\hadoop\logs HDP: HIVE_DB_NAME hive HDP: HIVE_DB_USERNAME hive HDP: HIVE_SERVER_HOST WIN2012 HDP: DB_PORT 1527 HDP: DB_FLAVOR derby HDP: HBASE_MASTER WIN2012 HDP: SLAVE_HOSTS WIN2012

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi,

You cannot run the installer on the Domain Controller.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

read [Domain] \ Hadoop User instead \HadoopUser
    read [Computer Name] instead of \Hadoop User

Collapse

Hi,

I’m running the same error and the problem is coming from the script to create Hadoop User.
    Actually, the provided script create the UserHadoop as user domain \HadoopUser.
    The error, is that in the script they provide refer to \Hadoop User to grant rights to create symbolic links.

Hope That someone from Hortonworks will correct this otherwise I’ll give up and go see Cloudera.

Kr,

Collapse

Bill Ramos

I can use some help here as well as I’m hitting the same error. My server is setup as a demo machine where it’s also a domain controller and Active Directory setup. I tried to workaround the problem my create an AD group called HadoopUsers and the user called CONTOSO\hadoop, but I’m getting the same issue. I also got a the same error using WEBPI to install that version as well.

When I ran my install command like, I was using running the cmd shell as administrator.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Arcondo,

Are you running the command with Administrator privileges?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)