Home Forums HDFS YARN – 'availability' mechanisms

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yi Zhang 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tobias Herb

Hey!
    I´m a student and just experimenting with YARN (I hope this is the right place to post, if not correct me please!). I write a simple YARN demo (at the moment on a single node setup) to understand the framework components and their interactions. At the moment I play with some ‘Availability’ mechanisms of YARN. In one simple scenario I kill the local ‘ApplicationMaster (AM)’ process and would expect that the RM restarts the AM from alone and re-execute the embedded job (the tasks that haven´t been run), but unfortunately nothing happens, no restarting/reallocation of the AM happen. Must this logic be implemented on the client side? Or did something else forgot? I expect this behaviour on the basis of the design document “Architecture of Next Generation Apache Hadoop MapReduce Framework”.

Thanks in advance
    Tobi

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The topic ‘YARN – 'availability' mechanisms’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Yi Zhang

Hi Tobi,

This question may get a better answer from the HDP 2.0 Alpha forum.

The AM can reschedule tasks if a task fails. AM negotiates resources with RM, but RM doesn’t restart AM. They are of different realm.

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)