Home Forums Ambari Zookeeper

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kenny Zhang 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi I have a 5 node cluster – 2 masters and 3 slaves, and 1 slave node is only for zookeeper service. I installed Ambari and my WebUI is also fine. Now I do not wnat my zoo keeper node. So can I just delete my zookeeper node , when everything is running. I s it ok?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Kenny Zhang

Hi Sushma,

If you really want to get rid of the zookeeper service, you can simply stop zookeeper service from Ambari UI and decommission the slave node. The impact will be:
    1. Any other service(s) running on that slave node.
    2. Any other service that depends on Zookeeper service, like hbase, namenode HA or Hive (If you use zk to lock the table).

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi,

Can any one help me on this please ? I do not wish to mess up EC2 cluster by chance !

Thanks

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

Can I stop the zookeeper service in Ambari UI and then delete the slave node which runs Zoo Keeper service ?. Will this effect the cluster ?

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

I am sorry, the answer was

Zookeeper server running on 1 slave node and ZooKeeper client running on secondary name node and one more slave node!

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

zookeeper server running on 2 slave node and zoo keeper client is running on secondary name node and one more slave node !

Collapse

Dave

Hi Sushma,

Do you have more than one zookeeper service configured and running?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)