Home Forums HBase zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Error while calling watcher

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gwenael Le Barzic 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Gwenael Le Barzic
    Participant

Hello !

I have a cluster with 5 nodes, among which 1 master and 4 data nodes.
    i launch a shell hbase :
    hbase shell

When I try to create a table, or to execute a query, I always have the logs from Zookeeper appearing :

hbase(main):015:0>  create 't1', 'f1', SPLITS => ['10', '20', '30', '40']
    <b>2014-04-23 16:21:06,030 ERROR [main-EventThread] zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Error while calling watcher
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Received event is not valid: AuthFailed
            at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.connectionEvent(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:410)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.process(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:319)
            at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:519)
            at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:495)
    0 row(s) in 0.5000 seconds</b>

I was wondering how I could solve these logs ? What do they mean ?

Best regards.

Gwenael Le Barzic

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Gwenael Le Barzic
    Participant

Hello Koelli !

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay.

We’re running 0.96.1 of HBase on our HDP 2.0.6 cluster.

I can perform a command list, and it works, but I always have the logs concerning zookeeper:error while calling watcher.
    hbase(main):001:0> list
    TABLE
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
    2014-05-26 11:39:03,117 ERROR [main-EventThread] zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Error while calling watcher
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.connectionEvent(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:410)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.process(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:319)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:519)
    2014-05-26 11:39:03,805 ERROR [main-EventThread] zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Error while calling watcher

I get the list of tables.
    test1
    test2
    simple_hcat_load_table
    t1
    7 row(s) in 1.8440 seconds

=> ["test1", "test2", "mbe", "simple_hcat_load_table", "t1"]

But I always got the log saying there is a problem with zookeeper.

Best regards.

Gwenael Le Barzic

Collapse

Koelli Mungee

Hello Gwenael

What version of hbase are you using?

rpm -qa | grep hbase

It looks like you may be hitting the issue described in

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10793

Can you do a list command in the shell and let us know if it gives you the list of the tables?
    -Koelli

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)