The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Hive / HCatalog Forum

Zookeeper connection refused

Lebing XIE

Hello,

I installed HDP 1.3 cluster using Ambari. As I create hbase table in HIVE shell, log shows following error:

2013-10-03 12:00:39,644 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn (ClientCnxn.java:run(1089)) – Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1068)
    2013-10-03 12:00:39,760 WARN zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper (RecoverableZooKeeper.java:retryOrThrow(219)) – Possibly transient ZooKeeper exception: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase-unsecure/hbaseid
    2013-10-03 12:00:40,759 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn (ClientCnxn.java:run(1089)) – Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350)
    2013-10-03 12:00:41,862 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn (ClientCnxn.java:run(1089)) – Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

I did specify the parent node as “hbase-unsecure” in hive-core.xml. what is the reason?

1. the version of hbase/ZK in HIVE lib are not the same in cluster?
    2. Hive attempted to connect ZK on localhost? how can I specify ZK host?

Thanks!

• Author
    Replies
    Yi Zhang

Hi Lebing,

Try add property hbase.zookeeper.quorum.

Thanks,
    Yi

Sunitha E
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been trying to connect to hbase table through Java api.

“WARN zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Possibly transient ZooKeeper exception: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase-unsecure/master”

This is included in the hbase-site.xml

<property>
    <name>zookeeper.znode.parent</name>
    <value>/hbase-unsecure</value>
    </property>

Also, when I try ‘zookeeper-client’ I get connection refused error.

Could someone advice on this?

Thank you,
    Sunitha

The forum ‘Hive / HCatalog’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.