Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Zookeeper failed to start after reboot

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Liu 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi :

I have a HDP1.2 cluster with 10 nodes, and have installed HDP1.2 successfully with my cluster 10 days ago. My cluster worked fine for theses days until yesterday.
    Unfortunately, after reboot my cluster yesterday, I found I can only started HDFS and MapRed, but zookeeper service. Totally,I have 3 zookeepers with name as host001,host002 and host003.
    zookeepers in host002, and host003 seemed to be successfully started, but Zookeeper in host001 failed to be restarted. I am confused. What’s wrong with me ? What’s the correct reboot procedure to HDP1.2 ?

PS1. I restarted amberi-serever in host001 and restarted ambari-client in host002-host010.
    PS2.Because I can not find zookeeper log file in /var/log/hadoop/zookeeper, so I do not know what to do now.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jeff

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Larry Liu

Hi, Jeff

One thing you can try is to try to stop zookeeper from ambari web UI and start them if you installed your cluster with Ambari.

Larry

Collapse

Hi tedr:

Thanks for your help.

Actually I have manually restarted zookeeper on hosty001 by “sudo -u zookeeper /usr/lib/zookeeper/bin/zkServer.sh start /etc/zookeeper/conf/zoo.cfg”

I will try your suggestion next time while I restart cluster again.

Thanks

Regards,

Jeff

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jeff,

It looks like all that you may have missed is restarting the ambari-agent on host001. Ambari-agent needs to be started on all hosts that have any hadoop services running on them.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)