Apache Hadoop Essentials 2.0
This one-day course provides a technical overview of Apache Hadoop for decision makers and business users. Students will obtain a deeper understanding of what is Big Data, Hadoop 2.0, the architecture and various technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem, and the business value that Hadoop provides.
- No prior knowledge of Hadoop is required.
- No programming experience is required
- Students have the option of following along with three hands-on demonstrations using the Hortonworks Sandbox.
Data architects, data integration architects, managers, C-level executives, decision makers, technical infrastructure team, and Hadoop administrators and developers who want to understand the fundamentals of big data and Hadoop 2.0 architecture.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand Big Data
- Understand the various types of data stored in Hadoop
- Understand how Big Data and Hadoop fit into your current infrastructure and environment
- Recognize use cases for Hadoop
- Understand the path to ROI with Hadoop
- Recognize use cases for the various Hadoop frameworks like Pig, Hive, HCatalog, Oozie, Sqoop and Flume
- Explain the fundamentals of the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), YARN and MapReduce
- Recognize and explain the various use cases and options for inputting data into HDFS
- Understand where Hadoop is headed with new technologies like Tez, Stinger and Knox
There are no required labs in order to complete this course. Attendees have the option of installing the Hortonworks Sandbox and working through the demonstrations.
The instructors will perform the following demonstrations:
- Using the Sandbox
- Understanding Block Storage
- Importing a Database Table into HDFS ™ using Sqoop
- Students who complete a paid reservation at least two weeks prior to the start of the course will enjoy a 10% discount
Note that discounts cannot be combined