Securing Data with DGSecure
Using DgSecure to discover and secure sensitive data is fairly straightforward. Using the combined Hortonworks – Dataguise Sandbox and installation steps below, users can discover the following Dataguise security features and functionality:
- Defining Policy
- Data Discovery
- Data Protection (Masking & Encryption for Unstructured/Structured Data)
- Bulk Decryption
Sandbox System Requirements
- 32-bit and 64-bit OS (Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8).
- Minimum 6GB memory available for VM, and minimum 10GB disc space
- Virtualization enabled on BIOS. VMware Player (Win) or VMware Fusion (Mac) (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ OR http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/)
- Browser: Chrome 25+, IE 9+ recommended. (Dataguise supports IE 10, however it is not supported in the Hortonworks Sandbox environment)
please note – currently the Dataguise Sandbox is combined with the Hortonworks Sandbox for a single download
Step 1: Download the Dataguise / Hortonworks Sandbox & License Key
- To access and download the combined Sandbox, please visit http://dataguise.com/?q=sandbox-dataguise-hortonworks.
- As you will see, there are two parts to the download. First, download the Sandbox. Next, request the license key.
- Once you have downloaded the combined sandbox and you have received the license key file, unzip the file 'Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1.zip'.
Next, please start the VM (*Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1*). Click inside the VM and follow the steps on the screen to start it up.
Then, continue on with the below steps.
Step 2: Apply DgSecure License & Sign In
- Go to this URL via your browser:
your host file from where you are connecting to the DgSecure
application, is updated with the IP address of the sandbox,
Enter username: user1
Enter password: Admin123
Click Sign In
Click the license link on the left
Click the browse button on the right in the install license section, and
point to your downloaded license key and click OK, then click the install button.
DgSecure is now ready to use for 30 days
If you experience any issues with the license please email email@example.com
Step 3. Create Policies, Set up Sensitive Data Discovery Tasks, Run Masking & Encryption Jobs
- First, Go to this URL via your browser: https://sandbox.hortonworks.com:10182/DgSecure/login.html. Now you are ready to use Dataguise to define a custom policy, discover and protect sensitive data in Hadoop.
- (To access Hue, go to http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8000)
You will use this later when creating structures. Download the two files: payrollSeqStructure.jar and payrollSchema.avsc to your local computer.
Create Structure for Sequence: Select File: payrollSeqStructure.jar (saved locally). Create Structure for Avro: Select File: payrollSchema.avsc (saved locally)
Try this tutorial with :
These tutorials are designed to work with Sandbox, a simple and easy to get started with Hadoop. Sandbox offers a full HDP environment that runs in a virtual machine.