Apache Ambari is a completely open operational framework for provisioning, managing and monitoring Apache Hadoop clusters. Ambari includes an intuitive collection of operator tools and a set of APIs that mask the complexity of Hadoop, simplifying the operation of clusters.
What Ambari Does
Ambari enables system administrators to:
- Provision a Hadoop Cluster No matter the size of your Hadoop cluster, the deployment and maintenance of hosts is simplified using Ambari. Ambari includes an intuitive Web interface that allows you to easily provision, configure and test all the Hadoop services and core components. Ambari also provides the powerful Ambari Blueprints API for automating cluster installations without user intervention.
- Manage a Hadoop cluster Ambari provides tools to simplify cluster management. The Web interface allows you to control the lifecycle of Hadoop services and components, modify configurations and manage the ongoing growth of your cluster.
- Monitor a Hadoop cluster Gain instant insight into the health of your cluster.
Ambari pre-configures alerts for watching Hadoop services and visualizes cluster operational data in a simple Web interface.
- Integrate Hadoop with the Enterprise Ambari provides a RESTful API that enables integration with existing tools, such as Microsoft System Center and Teradata Viewpoint, to merge Hadoop with your established operational processes.
How Ambari Works
Hadoop cluster provisioning and ongoing management can be a complicated task, especially when there are hundreds or thousands of hosts involved. Ambari provides a single control point for viewing, updating and managing Hadoop service life cycles, with these important features:
- Wizard-driven installation of Hadoop across any number of hosts
- API-driven installation of Hadoop via Ambari Blueprints for automated provisioning
- Granular control of Hadoop service and component life cycles
- Management of Hadoop service configurations
- Advanced job diagnostic and visualization tools
- Robust RESTful APIs for customization and integration with enterprise systems
Try these Tutorials
Try Ambari with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with HDP running alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.Get Sandbox