BMC Software helps leading companies around the world put technology at the forefront of business transformation, improving the delivery and consumption of digital services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC delivers innovative IT management solutions that have enabled more than 15,000 customers to leverage complex technology into extraordinary business performance—increasing their agility and exceeding anything they previously thought possible.
As Apache Hadoop deployments grow and expand within organizations, BMC solutions provide organizations the ability to more easily deploy and manage their big data environments.
Batch processes deliver a significant portion of the insights from Hadoop and big data applications. BMC Control-M automates the building and delivery of Hadoop batch services by connecting Hadoop to traditional applications and technologies such as the file transfer, relational databases, Informatica, SAP and others. As the leader in enterprise workload automation, Control-M delivers ease of use through graphical and mobile interfaces, the highest levels of service quality through service level management and auditing and reporting for comprehensive governance.
BMC Control-M for Hadoop key benefits
- Native support for HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive and Sqoop
- Reduce scripting required to develop, test and run Hadoop applications
- Manage entire business processes that include Hadoop, Business Intelligence and Analytics, ERPs, File Transfers, Relational Databases and other “traditional” IT components
- Gain sophisticated SLA Management, Forecasting, Auditing and Reporting
- Provide simple and intuitive access to Hadoop and enterprise workflows via a graphical web application and mobile app (iOS and Android) with Control-M Self Service
Another key requirement for managing Hadoop technology in the enterprise is the need to identify all components and to understand how they mesh with other applications and infrastructure to deliver services. The BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping helps organizations identify all traditional technologies and infrastructure as well as Hadoop clusters and then map relationships among all these components. This is essential to organizations that adhere to ITIL or any other IT best practice.
BMC Discovery and Dependency Mapping key benefits
- Restore service faster by replacing dependence on tribal knowledge with reliable configuration and relationship data
- Minimize change risks by empowering your Change Advisory Board with trusted dependency data to evaluate change impact
- Reduce software audit prep time and easily prove inventory accuracy to vendors, reducing risk of non-compliance penalties
- Prevent outages when moving data center assets for consolidation, cloud, and virtualization projects