Hortonworks and Informatica have teamed up to provide the data systems and tools making up the foundation of the modern data architecture that helps deliver on the promise of big data.
Murthy Mathiprakasam, Principal Product Marketing Manager, Informatica
Next Generation Data Management
Together, Hortonworks Data Platform and Informatica enable organizations to optimize their ETL workloads with long-term storage and processing at scale in Hadoop. This partnership makes it possible for organizations to use all the data internal and external to an enterprise to achieve the full predictive power that drives the success of modern data-driven businesses. Informatica and Hortonworks optimize the entire big data supply chain on Hadoop, turning data into actionable information to drive business value. For example, the modern data architecture is increasingly being used to build a data lake. By incorporating data management services into the data lake, companies can store and process massive amounts of data across a wide variety of channels including social media, clickstream data, server logs, customer transactions and interactions, videos, and sensor data from equipment in the field.
Get the Informatica Big Data Edition Trial Sandbox for Hortonworks from the Informatica Marketplace.
Informatica and Hortonworks Data Platform:
- Moves data into and out of Hadoop in batch or real time using universal connectivity to all types and latencies of data.
- Streamlines data ingestion, parsing, profiling, ETL, cleansing, and matching without the complexity of manual hand-coding on Hadoop while leveraging Hadoop’s power of distributed processing.
- Ensures timely data delivery between Hadoop and the rest of the enterprise, including streaming, messaging, changed data capture, data virtualization, and batch methods; supports large data distribution with high through put and concurrency
- Aligns business and IT through a common taxonomy of business and technical metadata definitions, and reduces risk and compliance exposure through data monitoring and audits.
- Optimize ETL workloads for the appropriate infrastructure
- Lowers cost of data storage and processing
- Increases developer productivity up to 5x
- Minimizes risks of big data projects
Informatica is a Certified Technology Partner
Informatica is a Certified Technology Partner on Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP). The Hortonworks Certified Technology Program reviews and certifies technologies for architectural best practices, validated against a comprehensive suite of integration test cases, benchmarked for scale under varied workloads and comprehensively documented.