Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, taking a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Hortonworks + Red Hat
This strategic alliance between Hortonworks and Red Hat makes it easier for organizations to adopt Apache Hadoop in the enterprise. Working together we are building on our shared, open source approach to developing software that addresses the growing Big Data requirements of key enterprise stakeholders. With an enterprise Hadoop platform that is tightly integrated with open hybrid cloud technologies (including Red Hat Storage, JBoss, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Open JDK, and OpenStack), Hortonworks and Red Hat will deliver infrastructure solutions that enable the next generation of big data applications.
The alliance between Hortonworks and Red Hat has three main areas of collaboration:
- Deep joint engineering to create a tightly integrated platform for next generation data applications
- Joint go to market activities
- Collaborative support of the joint offerings
The primary benefits to the enterprise include:
- Faster development of new data driven analytic applications
- Improved flexibility and operations for Hadoop deployments
Tightly Integrated Technologies
- HDP with Red Hat Storage solution provides a secure and resilient general purpose storage pool with multiple interfaces, including Hadoop, POSIX-compliant and Swift. This improves flexibility and speed the development and deployment of new and existing analytic work flows.
- HDP with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Open JDK provides an open, flexible development environment for multiple deployment options of enterprise-strength analytic applications.
- HDP with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform gives elastic Hadoop services on a secure, private cloud infrastructure to lower costs and improve flexibility.
- HDP with Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization integrates Hadoop with existing information sources including data warehouses, SQL databases and enterprise applications. The solution creates business-friendly, reusable and virtual data models with unified views by combining and transforming data from multiple sources including Hadoop so developers and business analysts can build new applications that exploit new data sets.
For more details on the open engineering collaboration visit the Red Hat labs page.