Hortonworks and Teradata have partnered to provide a clear path to Big Analytics via stable and reliable Hadoop for the enterprise. The Teradata® Portfolio for Hadoop is a flexible offering of products and services for customers to integrate Hadoop into their data architecture while taking advantage of the world-class service and support Teradata provides.
Today, organizations struggle to capture and process massive and growing volumes of data for use within their analytics platforms. Data that was once thought of as low to medium value, inaccessible and not able to analyze or even worse, exhaust data, can all be used in the context of business analytics. The enterprise has realized this potential and has adopted Apache Hadoop as one of the go to technologies to capture, store and process these net new data sources in their modern data architecture.
Teradata Portfolio for Hadoop
The Teradata® Portfolio for Hadoop is a flexible offering of products and services for customers to integrate Hadoop into their data architecture while taking advantage of the world-class service and support Teradata provides. Teradata offers a selection of products and services to suit every budget, from support services on existing customer hardware to fully-integrated appliances and consulting. Training for Hadoop is also available from Teradata. Read the Teradata Press Release for more information.
A Deep Partnership
The joint approach provides analysts the ability to leverage big data in their analysis while using familiar tools. It is analytics and data discovery/exploration with Hortonworks Data Platform inside. The two companies have delivered an engineered solution that extends the value of Teradata with the scale and power of Hadoop The key po
ints of integration include:
- Hadoop-enabled Analytics with Teradata SQL-H™ and Apache HCatalog: Teradata SQL-H empowers business analysts to directly access vast amounts of data in Hadoop for advanced analytics. With SQL-H, analysts use familiar BI and reporting tools and their existing business knowledge and SQL skills but on Hadoop. SQL-H provides a SQL-like interface into Hadoop and allows for seamless integration with Teradata.
- Deploy quickly and simply with the Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance: The appliance packages the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) with Teradata Aster Discovery Platform products on a server optimized for big analytics.
- Empower Management and Operations of your Big Analytics Environment: Apache Ambari (the monitoring and management tool package in HDP) is integrated with Teradata Viewpoint and Teradata Vital Infrastructure, the tools that the IT operations use to manage a Teradata environment.
- High Performance, Stable and Reliable Integration: Powered by Teradata Connector for Hadoop the Hortonworks Connector for Teradata is the fastest and most scalable way to transfer data between Teradata Database and Apache Hadoop. Jointly developed by Teradata and Hortonworks, the Connector plugs into Hortonworks Data Platform and offers wire-speed, fully parallel data transfers between Teradata and Apache Hive, HBase, HCatalog or HDFS. The connector lets you move more data faster, freeing up more time for critical data processing.
Unified Big Data Architecture: Ready For The Enterprise
The Teradata™ Unified Big Data Architecture provides a quick path to big analytics. In this architecture, each component plays an essential role in helping you realize new insight from big data volumes:
- Hortonworks Data Platform: HDP is a Hadoop distribution that provides a complete data platform for capturing, processing, and refining any data.
- Teradata Aster Discovery Platform integrates SQL, MapReduce, and a library of analytic functions, allowing your business analysts to explore and uncover new insights through on-the-fly interactive analytics.
- Teradata provides the best-in-class integrated data warehouse, which supports your enterprise across a variety of analytic workloads and stores valuable data and metadata.
As an engineered solution, the Unified Big Data Architecture bridges the gap between the business language of SQL and the extreme processing power of Hadoop. Together, it provides a best-of-breed system that allows users to leverage the right tool for the job.
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) iis a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. Teradata helps organizations collect, integrate, and analyze all of their data so they can know more about their customers and business and do more of what’s really important. Visit teradata.com for details.