The vision of Hadoop is the information manager’s dream: a data lake, as big as you need it, with seamless access to all of your data. WANdisco Fusion™ is the only Hadoop-compatible file system that provides active-active access to data across clusters, distributions, and file systems.
How do you build an effective, fast, and secure data engine out of several Hadoop clusters? How do you get the most business value out of your Hadoop deployment while delivering a reliable and high-performing Big Data service?
With WANdisco Fusion on the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), an enterprise can now build an effective, fast and secure data engine out of multiple Hadoop clusters, getting the most business value out of its HDP deployment with a reliable and high-performing Big Data service.
Unlike other solutions, WANdisco Fusion on Hortonworks provides total data protection, drastically reducing Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO). With WAN-read High Availability/Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) and central control of data location, WANdisco Fusion is the only solution that supports Hadoop replication across multiple clusters, reducing network security risk and management.
For more information, visit http://www.wandisco.com/
David Richards, CEO and Co-Founder, WANdisco
WANdisco Fusion is:
- Simple: Use you data from any Hadoop cluster as if all of your users and applications were on a single cluster
- Agile: Use the best Hadoop distribution and storage or file system on each cluster to provide the best performance and reliability for your applications
- Proven: Powered by an active-active replication engine that has solved availability challenges for 10 years
WANDisco Fusion on HDP has the following features:
- Enables HDFS to be deployed globally – Across the WAN
- Extends HDFS across multiple Data Centers
- Unifies the HDFS Namespace
- One logical cluster across physical clusters in each Data Center
- Provides 100% Uptime for Hadoop
- Provides continuous availability of HDFS data
- Non-intrusive – not simple mirroring or a copy
- Does not modify Apache Hadoop
- Runs on Hadoop 2.0 and later
- Load Balances NameNode traffic for increase scalability
WANdisco in the Modern Data Architecture
HDP - HDP Certified badge indicates this partner’s solution has been certified to work with HDP; reviewed for architectural best practices and validated against a comprehensive suite of integration test cases, benchmarked for scale under varied workloads and comprehensively documented.
To try out a free trial of WANdisco FUSION, click here