Today, organizations struggle to capture and process massive and growing volumes of data for use within their analytics platforms. Data that was once thought of as low to medium value, inaccessible and not able to analyze or even worse, exhaust data, can all be used in the context of business analytics. The enterprise has realized this potential and has adopted Hadoop as one of the go to technologies to capture, store and process these net new data sources.
Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance
Hortonworks and Teradata have partnered to provide a clear path to Big Analytics via stable and reliable Hadoop for the enterprise. The joint approach provides analysts the ability to leverage big data (social media, Web clickstream, call center, and other types of customer interaction data) in their analysis while using familiar tools. It is analytics and data discovery/exploration with big data (or Hortonworks Data Platform) inside. Read the Teradata Aster Press Release for more information.
A True Partnership
This is more than a paper relationship. The two companies have delivered an engineered solution that extends the value of Teradata with the scale and power of Hadoop. The key points of integration include:
- Hadoop-enabled Analytics with Teradata SQL-H and Apache HCatalog: Teradata SQL-H empowers business analysts to directly access vast amounts of data in Hadoop for advanced analytics. With SQL-H, analysts use familiar BI and reporting tools and their existing business knowledge and SQL skills but on Hadoop. SQL-H provides a SQL-like interface into Hadoop and allows for seamless integration with Teradata.
- Deploy quickly and simply with the Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance: The appliance packages the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) with Teradata Aster products on a server optimized for big analytics.
- Empower Management and Operations of your Big Analytics Environment: Apache Ambari (the monitoring and management tool package in HDP) is integrated with Teradata Viewpoint and Teradata Vital Infrastructure, the tools that the IT operations use to manage a Teradata environment.
- High Performance, Stable and Reliable Integration: Hortonworks and Teradata have built an ODBC connecter that speeds insights to business users and business intelligence tools.
Unified Big Data Architecture: Ready For The Enterprise
The Unified Big Data Architecture provides a quick path to big analytics. In this architecture, each component plays an essential role in helping you realize new insight from big data volumes:
- Hortonworks Data Platform: HDP is a Hadoop distribution that provides a complete data platform for capturing, processing, and refining any data in batch.
- Teradata Aster Discovery Platform integrates SQL, MapReduce, and a library of analytic functions, allowing your business analysts to explore and uncover new insights through on-the-fly interactive analytics.
- Teradata provides the best-in-class integrated data warehouse, which supports your enterprise across a variety of analytic workloads and stores valuable data and metadata.
As an engineered solution, the Unified Big Data Architecture bridges the gap between the business language of SQL and the extreme processing power of Hadoop. Together, it provides a best-of-breed system that allows users to leverage the right tool for the job.
|Datasheet Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance October 2012|
|Whitepaper Harnessing the Value of Big Data Analytics Learn how to gain business insights using MapReduce and Hadoop with SQL-based analytics.|
|Press Release Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance October 17, 2012|
|Hortonworks Blog Jim Walker October 17, 2012|
|Teradata Aster Blog Tasso Argyros on the Big Data Appliance October 17, 2012|
|Free Trial Download Aster Express|
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata’s innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible for competitive advantage. The Teradata Aster MapReduce Platform is the market-leading big data analytics solution. Visit teradata.com or asterdata.com for details.