Seventh Annual Apache Hadoop Summit to Highlight Modern Data Architecture in Action
PALO ALTO, Calif.—May 13, 2014— Hosts Hortonworks® and Yahoo! today announced the 7th Annual Apache Hadoop Summit has been expanded to three days to accommodate the significant amount of Hadoop-related products and services gaining momentum in the enterprise. Taking place June 3-5 at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, Calif., the Hadoop Summit will educate organizations on how to best to leverage Hadoop as a key component of the enterprise data architecture. Presentations from the engineers behind Apache Hadoop and the practitioners using the platform will cover Hadoop’s future roadmap, successful enterprise use cases, and development and administration tips and tricks.
Hadoop Summit North America will bring together more than 3,000 community members, presenting excellent networking opportunities for developers, architects, administrators, data analysts, data scientists and vendors interested in advancing, extending or implementing Apache Hadoop. With more than 120 breakout sessions and six different tracks, the event will feature Apache Hadoop use cases and success stories, industry panels, lightning talks, best practices, cautionary tales and technology insights.
Keynotes of note include:
- “Waiting for Hadoop (w/ apologies to Samuel Beckett),” by Merv Adrian, research vice president, Gartner
- “Hadoop and Analytics 3.0,” by Tom Davenport, president’s distinguished Pprofessor, Information Technology and Management, Babson College
- “Panel: Looking to the Past to Define a Future for Hadoop,” featuring Doug Cutting, founder Apache Hadoop/chief architect, Cloudera and Arun Murthy, Apache Hadoop PMC member/founder, Hortonworks. Moderated by Jeff Kelley, principal research contributor, Wikibon
Complementing the keynotes are customer panels on real-world insights into Hadoop and the enterprise, as well as Hadoop and the thriving big data community. The audience will hear from Hadoop industry thought leaders including:
- Venkat Achanta, senior vice president/global head, Analytics and Big Data, AIG
- David Gleason, head, Data Strategy, BNY Mellon
- Ratnakar Lavu, senior vice president, Commerce,Kohl’s
- Chris Dingle, senior director, Audience Solutions, Rogers Media Inc.
- Anu Jain, director, Enterprise Architecture, Target
- John Williams, senior vice president, Platform Operations, TrueCar
“Having been expanded to a third day, this year’s Hadoop Summit provides even greater opportunity for the Hadoop community to connect, discover and learn,” said Rob Bearden, CEO of Hortonworks. “We have a diverse agenda featuring some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’d like to thank our sponsors and community members for their continued support in making this year’s event the biggest and best ever, and demonstrating the power of 100-percent open source, enterprise Apache Hadoop as the foundation of the modern data architecture.”
The lineup of Hadoop Summit North America 2014 sponsors includes:
- Actian Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Informatica Corporation
- MapR Technologies
- RedPoint Global Inc
- Arista Networks
- Ataccama Corp
- BMC Software
- Intel Corporation
- Red Hat
- Bloomberg LP
- Bright Computing
- Delve Insights
- Impetus Technologies
- ITC Infotech
- Mellanox Technologies
- Nutanix Inc.
- Persistent Systems
- Quanta QCT
- Revolution Analytics
- Rocket Fuel
- ScaleOut Software, Inc.
- Simba Technologies
- Skytree, Inc.
- SoftNet Solutions
- Super Micro Computer, Inc.
To register for the Hadoop Summit 2014, please visit: http://hadoopsummit.org/san-jose/register/.
Hortonworks develops, distributes and supports the only 100% open source Apache Hadoop data platform. Our team comprises the largest contingent of builders and architects within the Hadoop ecosystem who represent and lead the broader enterprise requirements within these communities.
The Hortonworks Data Platform provides an open platform that deeply integrates with existing IT investments and upon which enterprises can build and deploy Hadoop-based applications.
Hortonworks has deep relationships with the key strategic data center partners that enable our customers to unlock the broadest opportunities from Hadoop.
For more information, visit hortonworks.com.
For Additional Information, Contact:
Keith Giannini or Anna Vaverka