Apache Hadoop and the Big Data Opportunity in Banking « Webinars « Downloads
This webcast focused on how big data is transforming the banking industry. Among the topics discussed were:
- What is big data and what does it mean for banking?
- What are the challenges and opportunities that come with unstructured data?
- What is Apache Hadoop and what role should it play in your data architecture?
- What are some popular banking uses cases for how Apache Hadoop is being used today?
- How can banks leverage Apache Hadoop without having to write their own code/applications?
- Are there banking applications available that leverage the power of big data and Apache Hadoop?
- What is the future of Apache Hadoop?
- How should I get started?
- Arun C. Murthy – lead of the Next Generation MapReduce project in Apache Hadoop and co-founder of Hortonworks
- Abhishek Mehta – co-founder of Tresata, creator of the first Hadoop-powered big data & analytics platform for financial industry data