Apache Hadoop: Now, Next and Beyond « Webinars « Downloads
|Webinar date||November 17, 2011|
DescriptionThis webcast will outline Hortonworks' vision of the future of Apache Hadoop, from the team that has contributed the majority of code to Apache Hadoop and that is building the next generation. Among the topics covered will be:
- HadoopNow - an overview of the current stable release of Hadoop (0.20.205),which was recently made available in a technology preview as a fully-integrated and tested offering from Hortonworks as the Hortonworks Data Platform version 1.
- HadoopNext - the next major version built upon the NextGen MapReduce framework, which will be made available again in a technology preview from Hortonworks as the Hortonworks Data Platform version 2 in the coming weeks.
- HadoopBeyond - an overview of the major developments for future versions of the Hortonworks Data Platform being addressed or planned by the Hortonworks development team.
In addition to describing the roadmap of the Hortonworks Data Platform, this webcast will provide details on the components included in Hortonworks Data Platform version 1, including several important technologies that make this distribution more manageable, open and extensible, including:
- Apache Ambari - an open source installation and management system
- HCatalog - a metadata management service for simplifying data sharing between Hadoop and other enterprise information systems
- Open APIs - including WebHDFS and APIs for Ambari and HCatalog