HDP Developer: Custom YARN Applications
This course is designed for developers who want to create custom YARN applications for Apache Hadoop. It will include:the YARN architecture, YARN development steps, writing aYARN client and ApplicationMaster, and launching Containers.The course uses Eclipse and Gradle connected remotely to a 7-node HDP cluster running in a virtual machine.
Java software engineers who need to develop YARN applications on Hadoop by writing YARN clients andApplicationMasters.
Students should be experienced Java developers who have attended HDP Developer: Java OR HDP Developer: Pig and HiveOR are experienced with Hadoop and MapReduce development.
Instructor-led lecture/discussion, with approximately 50% of the course being devoted to hands-on labs.
At the completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the YARN architecture
- Describe the YARN application lifecycle
- Write a YARN client application
- Run a YARN application on a Hadoop cluster
- Monitor the status of a running YARN application
- View the aggregated logs of a YARN application
- Configure a ContainerLaunchContext
- Use a LocalResource to share application files across a cluster
- Write a YARN ApplicationMaster
- Describe the differences between synchronous and asynchronous ApplicationMasters
- Allocate Containers in a cluster
- Launch Containers on NodeManagers
- Write a custom Container to perform specific business logic
- Explain the job schedulers of the ResourceManager
- Define queues for the Capacity Scheduler
See our Schedule