HDP Developer: Custom YARN Applications
This course is designed for developers who want to create custom YARN applications for Apache Hadoop. It will include:the YARN architecture, YARN development steps, writing aYARN client and ApplicationMaster, and launching Containers.The course uses Eclipse and Gradle connected remotely to a 7-node HDP cluster running in a virtual machine.
Java software engineers who need to develop YARN applications on Hadoop by writing YARN clients andApplicationMasters.
Students should be experienced Java developers who have attended HDP Developer: Java OR HDP Developer: Pig and HiveOR are experienced with Hadoop and MapReduce development.
Instructor-led lecture/discussion, with approximately 50% of the course being devoted to hands-on labs.
At the completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the YARN architecture
- Describe the YARN application lifecycle
- Write a YARN client application
- Run a YARN application on a Hadoop cluster
- Monitor the status of a running YARN application
- View the aggregated logs of a YARN application
- Configure a ContainerLaunchContext
- Use a LocalResource to share application files across a cluster
- Write a YARN ApplicationMaster
- Describe the differences between synchronous and asynchronous ApplicationMasters
- Allocate Containers in a cluster
- Launch Containers on NodeManagers
- Write a custom Container to perform specific business logic
- Explain the job schedulers of the ResourceManager
- Define queues for the Capacity Scheduler
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit Certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadooptraining and certification. Public and private on-site courses areavailable for developers, administrators, data analysts and otherIT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions.Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.