HDP Developer: Apache Pig and Hive
This 4 day training course is designed for developers who need to create applications to analyze Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Pig and Hive. Topics include: Hadoop, YARN, HDFS, MapReduce, data ingestion, workflow definition and using Pig and Hive to perform data analytics on Big Data.
Students should be familiar with programming principles and have experience in software development. SQL knowledge is also helpful. No prior Hadoop knowledge is required.
Software developers who need to understand and develop applications for Hadoop.
At the completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe Hadoop, YARN and use cases for Hadoop
- Describe Hadoop ecosystem tools and frameworks
- Describe the HDFS architecture
- Use the Hadoop client to input data into HDFS
- Transfer data between Hadoop and a relational database
- Explain YARN and MapReduce architectures
- Run a MapReduce job on YARN
- Use Pig to explore and transform data in HDFS
- Use Hive to explore Understand how Hive tables are defined and implemented and analyze data sets
- Use the new Hive windowing functions
- Explain and use the various Hive file formats
- Create and populate a Hive table that uses ORC file formats
- Use Hive to run SQL-like queries to perform data analysis
- Use Hive to join datasets using a variety of techniques, including Map-side joins and Sort-Merge-Bucket joins
- Write efficient Hive queries
- Create ngrams and context ngrams using Hive
- Perform data analytics like quantiles and page rank on Big Data using the DataFu Pig library
- Explain the uses and purpose of HCatalog
- Use HCatalog with Pig and Hive
- Define a workflow using Oozie
- Schedule a recurring workflow using the Oozie Coordinator
- Hands-On Labs
- Use HDFS commands to add/remove files and folders
- Use Sqoop to transfer data between HDFS and a RDBMS
- Run MapReduce and YARN application jobs
- Explore and transform data using Pig
- Split and join a dataset using Pig
- Use Pig to transform and export a dataset for use with Hive
- Use HCatLoader and HCatStorer
- Use Hive to discover useful information in a dataset
- Describe how Hive queries get executed as MapReduce jobs
- Perform a join of two datasets with Hive
- Use advanced Hive features: windowing, views, ORC files
- Use Hive analytics functions
- Write a custom reducer in Python
- Analyze and sessionize clickstream data
- Compute quantiles of NYSE stock prices
- Use Hive to compute ngrams on Avro-formatted files
- Define an Oozie workflow
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit Certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadooptraining and certification. Public and private on-site courses areavailable for developers, administrators, data analysts and otherIT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions.Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on Apache Hadoop training courses or if you would like to discuss an on-site training.
See our Schedule