HDP Operations: Install and Manage with Apache Ambari
This course is designed for administrators who will be managing the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.2. It covers installation, configuration, maintenance, security and performance topics.
Attendees should be familiar with with Hadoop and Linux environments.
IT administrators and operators responsible for installing, configuring and supporting an HDP 2.2 deployment in a Linux environment.
Describe various tools and frameworks in the Hadoop 2.x ecosystem
Understand support for various types of cluster deployments
Understand storage, network, processing, and memory needs for a Hadoop cluster
Understand provisioning and post deployment requirements
Describe Ambari Stacks, Views, and Blueprints
Install and configure an HDP 2.2 cluster using Ambari
Understand the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
Describe how files are written to and stored in HDFS
Explain Heterogeneous Storage support for HDFS
Use HDFS commands
Perform a file system check using command line
Mount HDFS to a local file system using the NFS Gateway
Understand and configure YARN on a cluster
Configure and troubleshoot MapReduce jobs
Understand how to utilize Capacity Scheduler
Utilize cgroup and node labeling
Understand how Slider, Kafka, Storm and Spark run on YARN
Use WebHDFS to access HDFS over HTTP
Understand how to optimize and configure Hive
Use Sqoop to transfer data between Hadoop and a relational database
Use Flume to ingest streaming data into HDFS
Understand how to use Oozie and Falcon
Commission and decommission worker nodes
Configure a cluster to be rack-aware
Understand NameNode HA and ResourceManager HA
Secure a Hadoop cluster
- Install HDP 2.2 cluster using Ambari
- Add new hosts to the cluster
- Managing HDP services
- Using HDFS commands
- Verify data with Block Scanner and fsck
- Troubleshoot a MapReduce job
- Configuring the Capacity Scheduler
- Using WebHDFS
- Using Sqoop
- Install and test Flume
- Mounting HDFS to a Local File System
- Using distcp to copy data from a remote cluster
- Dataset Mirroring using Falcon
- Commissioning and Decommissioning Services
- Using HDFS snapshots
- Configuring Rack Awareness
- Configure NameNode HA using Ambari
- Setting up the Knox Gateway
- Securing an HDP Cluster
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit Certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadooptraining and certification. Public and private on-site courses areavailable for developers, administrators, data analysts and otherIT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions.Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
- For availability of individual seats in our open enrollment classes please visit us at www.hortonworks.com/training
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on Apache Hadoop training courses or if you would like to discuss an on-site training.
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit hortonworks.com/training/certification for more information.
See our Schedule