HDP Analyst: Apache HBase Essentials
This course is designed for big data analysts who want to use theHBase NoSQL database which runs on top of HDFS to providereal-time read/write access to sparse datasets. Topics include HBase architecture, services, installation and schema design.
Architects, software developers, and analysts responsible for implementing non-SQL databases in order to handle sparse datasets commonly found in big data use cases.
Students must have basic familiarity with data management systems. Familiarity with Hadoop or databases is helpful but notrequired. Students new to Hadoop are encouraged to attend the HDP Overview: Apache Hadoop Essentials course.
- How HBase integrates with Hadoop and HDFS
- Architectural components and core concepts of HBase
- HBase functionality
- Installing and configuring HBase
- HBase schema design
- Importing and exporting data
- Backup and recovery
- Monitoring and managing HBase
- How HBase integrates with Apache ZooKeeper
- HBase services and data operations
- Optimizing HBase Access
Hands – On Labs
- Using Hadoop and MapReduce
- Using HBase
- Importing Data from MySQL to HBase
- Using Apache ZooKeeper
- Examining Configuration Files
- Using Backup and Snapshot
- HBase Shell Operations
- Creating Tables with Multiple Column Families
- Exploring HBase Schema
- Blocksize and Bloom filters
- Exporting Data
- Using a Java Data Access Object Application toInteract with HBase
- 50% Lecture/Discussion
- 50% Hands on Labs
Hortonworks offers a comprehensive certification program that identifies you as an expert in Apache Hadoop. Visit Certification for more information.
Hortonworks University is your expert source for Apache Hadooptraining and certification. Public and private on-site courses areavailable for developers, administrators, data analysts and otherIT professionals involved in implementing big data solutions.Classes combine presentation material with industry-leading hands-on labs that fully prepare students for real-world Hadoop scenarios.
See our Schedule