Social Media Data
Your customers are talking. With Hadoop, you can mine Twitter, Facebook and other social media conversations for sentiment data about you and your competition, and use it to make targeted, real-time, decisions that increase market share.
This demo takes a Hadoop user through the steps for extracting sentiment data from Twitter and analyzing the performance of a recent movie release.
In this demo, learn how to:
- Stream twitter feeds into HDFS with Flume
- Use HCatalog to build a relational view of the data
- Use Hive to query and refine the data
- Import the data into Microsoft Excel with the ODBC connector
- Visualize data with Powerview