Server Log Data with Hadoop
Security breaches happen. And when they do, your server logs may be your best line of defense. Hadoop takes server-log analysis to the next level by speeding and improving security forensics and providing a low cost platform to show compliance.
In this video, we demonstrate how an enterprise security breach analysis and response might be performed.
In this demo, learn how to:
- Stream server logs into Hadoop with Flume
- Use HCatalog to build a relational view of the data
- Use Pig to query and refine the data
- Use Elastic Search for high-level visualization
- Import the data into Microsoft Excel with the ODBC connector
- Visualize data with Powerview
- Use Oozie to automatically update a firewall