It has a been a busy week on Hortonworks Community Connection, here is the hot content for this week (based on community activity and votes):
Top 3 articles this week: (or see the whole list here)
- How to limit the size of ranger log and number of log files to retain? By default, Ranger uses the log4j DailyRollingFileAppender to manage rotation of log files. The main disadvantage of this appender is that there is no way to limit the amount of log data that is kept. Read the article for some options to deal with this.
- Kerberos cross realm trust for distcp This article demonstrates how to setup cross realm trust for distcp between two secure HDP clusters with their own Kerberos realms.
- How to semi-automate deploying dev cluster A great article on creating a bash script to set up the host OS and prepare HDP installation
Top 5 questions last week: (Or see the latest question here)
- I am not getting hive shell prompt , it is usual problem and did not solve yet
- SQuirreL on phoenix – Sandbox
- How to fix missing and under replicated blocks?
- How to fix corrupt Ambari database entries
- How to remove risk disks from Hadoop cluster ?
- Capacity scheduler queue mapping while doAs disabled
That’s all for this week. Please browse community.hortonworks.com and join the conversation.