And the voting is over and the results are in for the Community Choice program of the Hadoop Summit San Jose 2013.
With over 300 sessions, and around 6000 users casting more than 15000 votes there was a lot of excitement to participate and influence the results – thanks to everyone for your contribution. At the end of the process, the selectees are:
- Application and Data Science Track: Watching Pigs Fly with the Netflix Hadoop Toolkit (Netflix)
- Deployment and Operations Track: Continuous Integration for the Applications on top of Hadoop (Yahoo!)
- Enterprise Data Architecture Track: Next Generation Analytics: A Reference Architecture (Mu Sigma)
- Future of Apache Hadoop Track: Jubatus: Real-time and Highly-scalable Machine Learning Platform (Preferred Infrastructure, Inc.)
- Hadoop (Disruptive) Economics Track: Move to Hadoop, Go Fast and Save Millions: Mainframe Legacy Modernization (Sears Holding Corp.)
- Hadoop-driven Business / BI Track: Big Data, Easy BI (Yahoo!)
- Reference Architecture Track: Genie – Hadoop Platformed as a Service at Netflix (Netflix)
Congratulations to the selectees for each track, and a further honorable mention to Sears for winning the ‘Longest Session Title So Far’ which was a surprisingly hard fought contest!
The content selection committee will now be working hard to select the remaining sessions for the tracks, and we’ll cover those participants in more depth later.
With the Community Choice program complete we’re one step closer to a great event! Thanks again to everyone for taking part and stand by for more updates.