We are excited to make two big product announcements: The General Availability of HDP 2.6.3, Ambari 2.6.0 and SmartSense 1.4.3; The first release of the Hortonworks DataPlane Service (DPS) that includes Data Lifecycle Manager Service (DLM) General Availability and Data Steward Service (DSS) Technical Preview.
HDP 2.6.3 is a huge release for Hortonworks given it is the first release that enables the Hortonworks DataPlane Service (DPS)! Let’s cover HDP 2.6.3 first.
Hortonworks Data Platform 2.6.3, Ambari 2.6.0 and SmartSense 1.4.3
With these releases, we achieved GA for Druid 0.10.1 and Spark 2.2 with support across Zeppelin & Livy, in addition to a huge array of enhancements across other components (such as Ranger, Knox and Atlas). Also, we focused on further stabilizing the codeline by introducing a significant number of updates and enhancements to the stack components.
First, in this release, we made huge strides with regards to Data Science. This includes:
- Apache Spark 2.2 is GA. This enhances the stability of Spark for structured streaming.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.7.3 is GA. This provides support for notebooks stored in HDFS, and improves the scalability and multi-user support.
- Apache Livy 0.4.0 is GA. This version supports multiple programming languages in the same Spark context.
In addition, we made the following updates:
- Druid 0.10.1 is GA from Technical Preview.
- Apache Atlas 0.7.0 now includes business user-friendly faceted search and filtering and support for Atlas <-> NiFi connector
- Apache Knox 0.12.0 provides Apache Atlas Admin UI support thru Knox.
- Apache Ranger 0.8.0 automatically assigns ADMIN/KEYADMIN Role for External Users. It also:
- Sets us Knox Token Service for Ranger APIs.
- Uses Tag Attributes and Values in Ranger Tag-based Policy Conditions
- Configures Ranger User Sync for LDAP/AD
- Supports Hive Policy>Allow Conditions>Permissions, new Service Admin option: Create a Hive Policy
Ambari 2.6.0 is GA. This includes:
- Support for HDP 2.6.3, including Spark 2.2 and Druid
- General Availability of Ambari Metrics System High Availability
- Simplified Solr Data Archiving & Purging for the Ambari Infra Solr Instance
- General operational hardening and scalability improvements
SmartSense 1.4.3 is GA. This includes:
- Support for running on Standalone Ambari Views Server Implementations.Improvements to anonymization performance
- Fixes for Agent to Server SSL communication issues with newer Python version
For more information and product documentation, please refer to:
Hortonworks DPS, DLM and DSS (TP)
Since we announced DPS at the Strata NYC just about a month ago, we are excited to officially announce the inaugural DPS release. We believe DPS is a game changer for Hortonworks as this platform and associated services will help enterprises gain visibility over all of their data across all of their environments while making it easy to maintain consistent security and governance.
This DPS release includes:
- DPS Platform – The architectural foundation that helps register multiple data lakes and manages data services across these data lakes from a single unified pane of glass.
- DLM (GA) – A service, enabled through DPS Platform, that you can use to replicate data and provide enterprise disaster recovery capabilities using robust policies and jobs.
- DSS (TP) – A service, enabled through DPS Platform, that allows you to organize, curate, understand, profile, and govern data across enterprise data
Use these resources to learn more about DPS: