Another busy week on Hortonworks Community Connection, here is the hot content for this week (based on community activity and votes):
Top 3 articles this week: (or see the whole list here)
- Cheat Sheet and Tips for a Custom Install of Hortonworks Data Platform like a Pro Great article on the necessary steps to consider before undertaking a custom install.
- Recommendations for Microsoft Azure HDP Deployment If you are considering deploying on Microsoft’s Azure cloud infrastructure, these 12 steps will help you with your sizing requirements.
- Hive on Tez Performance Tuning – Determining Reducer Counts This article provides 7 practical steps for Apache Hive Tez tuning.
Top 5 questions last week: (Or see the latest question here)
- What is the Hortonworks recommendation on Swap usage?
- how to handle null or empty scenarios in foreach in pigscript?
- What is Sort Merge Bucket (SMB) Join in Hive? When it is used?
- Can Flume be used with HBase? How?
- What is use of Flatten in Pig?
I would also like to highlight one of our top contributors: Geoffrey Shelton Okot, for making the reputation “Guru“. Congrats Geoffrey.
That’s all for this week. Please browse community.hortonworks.com and join the conversation.