It has been another exciting week on Hortonworks Community Connection HCC. We continue to see great activity and recommend the following assets from last week.
Top Articles from HCC
- An introduction to Ambari Views 2.4 new feature- Remote cluster configuration by:abilgi
This article discusses this new feature. Ambari Views Server is the Standalone Ambari Server used for hosting Views and Ambari Server is the Operational Ambari Server which manages a Hadoop Cluster. Read more on HCC
- Ambari Views 2.4 New Features – Hue to Ambari Migration View by:ppanda
Ambari 2.4 introduces the Hue-to-Views Migration tool, which is specifically designed to migrate existing Hue artifacts to an Ambari View. Read more on HCC
- Spark Machine Learning Pipeline by Example by:qiwang
As the release of Spark 2.0 finally came, the machine learning library of Spark has been changed from the mllib to ml. One of the biggest change in the new ml library is the introduction of so-called machine learning pipeline. Read more on HCC
- How to Use Hortonworks Cloud to provision a cluster and experiment with Hive LLAP by:cduby
Are you eager to see how the new LLAP Hive feature in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.5 Tech Preview optimizes queries? Using Hortonworks Cloud, you can easily stand up a cluster in Amazon Web Services configured with LLAP, load up some benchmark data and compare queries using LLAP and without LLAP. Read more on HCC
- How to use Hive testbench to perform benchmarks and explore LLAP by:cduby
The hive testbench consists of a data generator and a standard set of queries typically used for benchmarking hive performance. This article describes how to generate data and run a query in using beeline and Hive 2.0 with and without LLAP. It also shows how to use explain to see the difference in query plans. Read more on HCC.
Top 5 Questions — last week
- Is it possible to install only ambari yarn and spark ?
- Does Knox support HAWQ (HDB)?
- Namenode Issue Active and Standby issue in ambari 2.2
- Which version of Cloudbreak is the latest, 1.2.3, or 1.3?
- Can each user of nifi has there own canvas?
Come over to HCC and participate.