It has been another exciting week on Hortonworks Community Connection HCC. We continue to see great activity and recommend the following assets from last week.
Top Articles from HCC
- HDF installation on EC2 by:mpandit
Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF) powered by Apache NiFi, Kafka and Storm, collects, curates, analyzes and delivers real-time data from the IoAT to data stores both on-premises and in the cloud. This is the quick installation guide to install Apache NiFi on AWS EC2 instance…
- Hortonworks Connected Data Cloud Overview by:mpandit
Hortonworks Cloud is a system for launching and managing a data lake on AWS. You can easily launch HDP clusters for analyzing and processing data. With Apache Hadoop. Use this document as supplement guide to existing official guide by Hortonworks…
- Accessing Facebook Page Data from Apache NiFi by:tspann
Accessing public social data from Facebook for a company’s page is easy. Then just use Apache NiFi to do some interesting things with the data…
- Hive UDFs vs Spatial SQL by:cstanca
This article is a complement to Geo-spatial Queries with Hive using ESRI Geometry and Spatial Framework for Hadoop and includes a few more findings…
Top 5 Questions — last week
- Size of HDFS
- How can I upload ORC files to Hive?
- Unable to run Hadoop commands
- Nifi and Clustering
- Hive query failed over JDBC.
Come join us on HCC and participate.