Sr. Training Engineer
Big Data Consultant or Instructor with previous experience working with Big Data technologies, particularly Hadoop, Spark, Java, and Data Science frameworks, database systems, and distributed systems. Responsible to help lead training delivery efforts and teaching others about Hortonworks products and how to implement various Big Data use-cases. Sr. Instructors will have specialized knowledge in multiple Big Data ecosystem technologies. The instructor will be responsible for delivering technical training to customers, partners, and internal audiences. On occasion, will be required to deliver customized training content tailored to a client’s needs. The ability to self-learn and drive and adapt to training best practices, and on occasion, mentor junior instructors and help with instructor on-boarding processes will be called upon. This role requires significant travel to varied locations – including some occasional international travel. Ideally, the instructor’s home base will be in a major US Market, which allows for the possibility of significantly reduced travel.
- Ability to teach complex technical concepts to highly technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluid communication and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of Hadoop and its expanding ecosystem
- Experience with Data Science techniques and frameworks, including machine learning algorithms, Spark MLlib, Python, Juypter, and Zeppelin
- Experience with Realtime/IoT frameworks such as Storm, Kafka, Nifi, HBase, Solr is highly desired
- Experience with databases, distributed systems
- Experience with Hadoop related instruction is required
- Solid understanding of “Big Data” environments and processes such as data ingestion, ETL, database schema design, data analytics
- Participate in instructor improvement efforts by identifying areas of instructor growth, present new ideas, mentor
- Participate as SMEs to larger global instructor community
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
Additional Technical Requirements
- Experience with HDFS, YARN, Pig, Hive, Spark, Tez, HBase, Oozie, Ganglia, Ambari
- Experience with one or more database systems such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MS SQL Server, HBase, MongoDB
- Experience with SQL, DDL & DML, ER design
- Experience with development environments such as Eclipse, Netbeans, or InteliJ
- Experience or knowledge of cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Rackspace
- Experience in working within a Linux environment and basic POSIX commands and basic shell scripting
- Knowledge of enterprise security such as Kerberos, SPNEGO, LDAP, POSIX security, SSL
- Strong knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, http/https, ssh, ftp
- Knowledge of web services such as REST & SOAP
Security roles and responsibilities shall include the following requirements:
i. implement and act in accordance with the organization's information security policies;
ii. protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
iii. execute particular security processes or activities;
iv. ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken; and
v. report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Hortonworks is a leading open source technology company powering the next generation of data applications. Our 100% open source platforms (HDP and HDF), powered by Apache Hadoop and Apache NiFI, provide an open and stable foundation for enterprises to build and deploy big data solutions. Hortonworks is the trusted source of information for Open Source Data projects and along with the Apache community is making the extended Hadoop ecosystem robust and easier to manage and use. Hortonworks provides unmatched technical support, training and certification programs for enterprises, systems integrators and technology vendors.
For more information, visit [www.hortonworks.com]www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks and HDP are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. <span<stronghttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Training Engineer
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.