Sr. Field Marketing Specialist
Title: Sr. Field Marketing Specialist, Americas Field Marketing
Location: Atlanta, New York, and Chicago or Dallas
Hortonworks is seeking an experienced Field Marketing Associate to join our North America Field Marketing Team. In this role, you will work closely with sales to create and execute targeted marketing programs for pipeline creation and acceleration. You will analyze pipeline, leads, revenue, and return-on-investment (ROI) for your programs to continually evolve and improve your strategy. Proven experience in various marketing techniques, including online and traditional marketing, is required. With Hortonworks, a fast-growing company, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of the company and see results from your efforts. Strategic focus, excellent communication skills and attention to detail are all crucial as the Sr. Field Marketing Specialist will own and manage projects from conception through follow-up.
- Help create and accelerate pipeline by partnering with sales to strategize, develop and execute the region’s field marketing plan
- Define targeted account-based marketing programs for high-value target accounts including penetration strategies and marketing tactics
- Recommend programs based on regional input, knowledge of the market, knowledge of Hortonworks’ penetration, and available resources
- Plan, track, and manage field programs including seminars, executive dinners, roundtables, direct marketing campaigns, in-account activities, and/or 3rd party events.
- Execute all marketing tactic details including: program definition, registration pages, invite and follow-up emails, lead tracking through the funnel (Marketo, Salesforce, Bright Funnel, Engagio), on-site logistics, and etc.
- Align with sales to drive and ensure timely lead follow-up and conversion
- Track, measure, and evaluate program effectiveness/ROI
- Liaise with sales, partners, vendors, contractors, agencies, and third-party event organizers to ensure strategic alignment and flawless execution
- Communicate project status, issues and results to business unit and marketing team
- Work with the social media team to promote programs
- Manage inventory levels for collateral, giveaways and booths/displays
- Track invoices and manage the regional budget
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge of open source technologies and business models is preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in high-tech marketing
- 7+ years of experience in managing and executing a variety of marketing events (owned and 3rd party) and other field programs
- Comfortable engaging, communicating and aligning with sales team and executives on a regular basis
- Experience writing and executing email marketing programs
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from conception through execution and evaluate success
- Strong planning, project management, and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be willing to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Position may occasionally require working or traveling outside of hours (including some weekends) for event setup/prep
- Fluent in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Asana, and Google Drive suite
- Familiarity with Marketo, Salesforce, ExpenseWire, Allocadia, Attend, and BrightFunnel.
- Verifiable history of working with C-level clientele
- Experience with account-based marketing techniques
- A plus – experience with one or more of the following verticals: Telecom, Financial Services, Technology, Health, Insurance, Energy, Retail
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Field Marketing Specialist
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.