Sr. Industry Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA - HQ
Title: Sr. Industry Marketing Manager
(Sr. Product Marketing Mgr)
Location: Santa Clara, CA.
This position is responsible for providing strategic marketing, content and communications direction and leadership to help promote Hortonworks solutions and platforms across our key vertical market segments. Reporting to the VP Product and Solutions Marketing, the Industry Marketing Manager will develop content strategies, implement and evaluate integrated marketing and communications campaigns for external audiences in these growing sectors.
The ideal candidate will be a marketing professional — with strong experience as solutions and/ or industry marketer — with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of a matrixed organization. The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications, including Channel marketing, Campaign development, marketing strategy, sales enablement and client centric marketing.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Industry Marketing Manager you will contribute to the growth and development of our organization in a variety of ways, including:
- Develop, maintain, and drive prioritization of all industry marketing and communications campaign activities relating to our key industries
- Work closely with our Industry Solutions team to collect, curate, develop, and publish compelling content for campaigns and direct sales engagements.
- Develop a clear digital strategy to bring our industry content to external web sites, digital campaigns, regional and strategic events.
- Serve as marketing advisor to key stakeholders in field organizations, including Industry Solutions, FIeld Marketing.
- Develop strategic briefs (business case) for potential marketing and communications campaigns; drive approval process for campaigns with key leadership.
- Plan and manage marketing budgets for campaigns.
- Manage overall industry marketing calendar, including major campaigns, product/offering launches, major events, and core marketing and communications maintenance activities. Work with industry solutions team on key strategic industry events to integrate messaging and participation for focus industry market growth.
- Work with the Industry Solutions team on industry messaging priorities and optimization of industry campaign spend.
The individual will serve as trusted marketing and communications advisor to key business leaders and stakeholders. He/She will be a part of the Product And Solutions Marketing team in Hortonworks Global Marketing group.
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of industry marketing, content, and audience strategies. Deep experience in and of the following industries a major plus: FInancial Services, Insurance, Retail, Automotive, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Telco, Energy/Oil & Gas
- Demonstrable ability to think broadly and strategically, making connections across the business that enhance delivering the strategic priorities for industry marketing
- Bring innovative thinking to all marketing and communications activities
- Client-centric approach with commanding executive presence
- Strong, proven ability to tell engaging stories. Strong hands-on writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver fully integrated, clear, concise marketing plans focused on opportunity, activation, KPIs and goals, and measuring outcomes
- Ability to understand, measure and report on a variety of data sources (e.g., external research, digital engagement, lead generation) and translate data into stories of marketing outcomes
- Ability to pivot quickly to keep pace with fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple and complex priorities
- Ability to make connections in highly matrixed environment, with an eye towards integration·
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills; flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work and manage in a virtual environment
- 12+ years of hands on experience in content marketing roles such as product marketing, solutions marketing, industry marketing
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus in Marketing
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications strategies as well as sales enablement and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Previous experience in B2B marketing
- Superior Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); familiarity with integrating various technologies to support marketing efforts
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Industry Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA - HQ
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.