Field Marketing Manager
Hortonworks is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join our international marketing team. In this role you will drive the marketing strategy and execution in the EMEA region to create demand and awareness for Hortonworks. Working closely with the regional sales teams, you will create and execute targeted marketing campaigns that nurture leads through the sales funnel. Proven experience in various marketing techniques including online & traditional demand generation marketing is required. As a fast growing company, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of the company and see results from your efforts. Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to manage and own projects from conception through follow-up.
- Planning, tracking, & management of external events, for example: technical meet-ups, seminars, executive dinners, account-based activities, and 3rd party events.
- Be a major part of planning and executing our annual 1200-attendee Summits.
- Pitch our products & services at client-facing events, often to C-level.
- Liaise with vendors, contractors, agencies, couriers, and third-party event organizers to ensure timely completion of event deliverables.
- Work directly with sales to ensure lead follow-up and conversion.
- Ability to track invoices and manage the regional budget with extreme accuracy.
- Clean lists for import to Marketo.
- Create Marketo campaigns and emails.
- Create & monitor dashboards in Salesforce, Marketo, BrightFunnel. GoodData, and Engagio to track, measure, and evaluate program effectiveness/ROI.
- Post events to our website and internal calendars.
- Localization & translation of campaigns.
- Working with social media teams to promote our presence at events.
- Inventory tracking & reorders of collateral and giveaways.
- Arranging all marketing shipping needs to/from venues, and between offices.
- Search & securing of venues.
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Position may occasionally require working or travelling outside of hours (including some weekends) for event setup/prep.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Demonstrable knowledge of open source technologies and business models, Hadoop in particular.
- 2+ years event planning/management experience, both owned and third-party.
- 1+ year experience in a marketing coordinator function.
- 1+ year experience working with Marketo, specifically campaign creation, list uploads, and email creation.
- 1+ year experience working with Salesforce.
- 1+ year experience working with WordPress.
- Fluent in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Asana, and Google Drive suite.
- Familiarity with ExpenseWire, Allocadia, Attend, and BrightFunnel.
- Familiarity with GoodData & Engagio.
- Verifiable history of working with C-level clientele.
- Experience with account-based marketing techniques.
- Experience working with EMEA, especially Central Europe.
- Pre-existing connections with London event planning vendors, especially for: catering, venues, office spaces, couriers, suppliers, giveaways, printing.
- Meticulous tracking & organization skills.
- Perfect English and German.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Field Marketing Manager
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.