As a Hortonworks Technical Account Manager, you will leverage your broad experience to help ensure the long-term success of our top tier customers. You will do this by building a strong relationship with your assigned customers and understanding what they need to be successful. You will flex your technical and troubleshooting skills to help accelerate critical incidents. You will tap into your experience to help identify and drive proactive action plans that will contribute to improved stability and optimized utilization of Hortonworks products.
● Responsible for the quality of service of the overall support relationship
● Work directly with Account and Solution Engineering teams to build relationships with your customers
● Understand current challenges and future plans and ensure they positioned correctly with the right support tier
● Prioritize, plan and execute on special projects to promote additional support offerings available and improve relationships
● Identify opportunities for cross-selling and/or up-selling Hortonworks products and services
● Maintain regular communication across client contacts and internal stakeholders
● Become an expert in Hortonworks software & services offerings and capabilities
● Provide the client with a single voice that is thorough in describing issues, articulating plans and engaging with client stakeholders
● Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
● A drive to tackle both technical and non-technical problems and a proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision
● 5+ years prior experience with customer-facing Technical Account Management, Solution Engineering and/or Consulting in “big data” space
● Contribute to internal and external knowledge repositories
● Troubleshooting experience with Hadoop, Linux and Java-based technologies
● Strong customer facing skills, including written and presentation skills with Microsoft (PPT, Word, Excel, etc.) or Google tools (Slides, Sheets, etc.)
● Ability to travel up to 50% percent of the time
● A technical B.S./B.A. degree
Preferred Skills & Experience
● HDP Admin and Developer Certification
● PMP or other project management certification
● Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
● NoSQL experience (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
● EDW experience – the Teradata, Netezza, GreenPlum/HAWQ, etc.
● Integration Products experience (Tibco, MuleSoft, IBM, Oracle, Spring Integration, etc.)
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations.
« Back to current openings
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.