Manager, Regional Delivery
As a Hortonworks Regional Delivery Manager, you will be managing Hortonworks project managers and customer projects to maximize our customers success in meeting their business goals using Hortonworks Data Platform and Hortonworks Data Flow. In addition, you will partner with the Hortonworks sales organization to identify opportunities for delivery growth and excellence.
- Manage and drive customer engagements towards successful completion.
- Manage and mentor Hortonworks engagement managers in their project execution.
- Identify and orchestrate project activities of teams from cross-functional customer, Hortonworks, and partner stakeholders
- Manage projecst to schedule, budget, and contracted deliverables (including planning, scheduling, milestone reviews, etc.)
- Drive project kick-off processes so the right resources are available to the customer at the right time.
- Drive project lessons learned for management and customers
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking)
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Hortonworks solutions
- Serve as a frontline resource for best practices and informal customer questions
- At least 5+ years experience in a professional services leadership role (sr. manager / director)
- Ability to mentor team members and project managers.
- At least 8+ years experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with a “Big Data” consulting or ''Big 5'' consulting organization
- Prior experience managing database, data warehouse, “big data” implementation and / or architecture projects
- Consulting background, with proven experience to design, implement and deliver enterprise software solutions
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Ability to interact and communicate with Director- and/or CxO level personnel
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% percent of the time, including international
- B.S./B.A. degree (technical preferred)
- Project Management certification preferred
- Fluent German
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Manager, Regional Delivery
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.