Delivery Program Manager
Delivery Program Manager
The role of the Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for professional services sales and managing delivery of programs of engagements. As the PM, you will be leading the growth and expansion of our customer base by prospecting and selling a range of consulting services in line with our support and services business. Your responsibilities will include identifying, developing and managing client and business relationships, selling professional services and supporting the growth of our support subscription business. You will manage the process from the initial business development call through to successful delivery. In doing so, you will manage customer projects to maximize our customers satisfaction on their Apache Hadoop projects with focus on ensuring that project deliverables are provided on schedule and within budget. You will serve as a program manager for customer accounts and will coordinate enterprise customer projects staffed with both Hortonworks Professional services consultants and external partners.
- Selling the professional services portfolio of offerings and resources to prospects and established clients
- Identifying, developing and managing client and business relationships
- Managing the services sales cycles completely to close
- Be the trusted advisor to our clients through Big Data and Hadoop solution selling
- Work with our prospects and clients in understanding and scoping their business and project requirements
- Work with the EMEA VP of Professional Services to negotiate prices, rates and terms of business with clients
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Regional Delivery Managers of Professional Services, Global Professional Services, Services Operations and other internal organizations in order to accomplish business goals
- Building key relationships with the Territory and Enterprise Account Sales teams
- Work with Hortonworks Partners to establish prime and subcontracting engagement models
Engagement Management Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive competing resourcing requests demands for multiple concurrent client engagements
- Identify and orchestrate project activities of teams from cross-functional customer, Hortonworks, and partner stakeholders
- Manage project to schedule, budget, and contracted deliverables (including planning, scheduling, milestone reviews, etc.)
- Drive project kick-off processes so the right resources are available to the customer at the right time.
- Drive project post mortems for management and customers
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking)
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Hortonworks solutions
- Serve as a frontline resource for best practices and informal customer questions
- Experience in sales – this is not just a business development or project management role, it will involve product and solution selling
- Is self-motivated, energetic, dedicated, driven, tenacious, achiever, well presented, able to communicate effectively at all levels
- 10+ years customer-facing experience in a professional services firm, preferably with a “Big Data” consulting or ''Big 5'' consulting organization
- Prior experience managing database, data warehouse, “big data” implementation and / or architecture projects
- Consulting background, with proven experience to design, implement and deliver enterprise software solutions
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Ability to interact and communicate with Director and/or CxO level personnel
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary and University degree qualified (technical preferred)
- Project Management certification preferred
Security roles and responsibilities shall include the following requirements:
- implement and act in accordance with the organization's information security policies;
ii. protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
iii. execute particular security processes or activities;
iv. ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken; and
v. report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Delivery Program Manager
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.