Hortonworks is seeking an Associate Big Data Developer to join its professional services team in APAC. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to develop massively scalable solutions to solve complex data problems using Hadoop, Spark and related Big Data technology. This role is a client facing opportunity that combines consulting skills with deep technical design and development in the Big Data space.
This is a great opportunity for a junior software developer looking to gain experience in the Big Data stack, as you will be provided with mentoring, training, and the opportunity to work with large customers across Asia Pacific.
- Work closely with Hortonworks’ Architects to design and build Big Data solutions on Hadoop
- Work directly with customers to implement Big Data solutions at scale using the Hortonworks Data Platform and Hortonworks Dataflow
- Help design and implement Hadoop platform architectures and configurations for customers
- Work closely with Hortonworks’ teams at all levels to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledgebase articles
- Attend speaking engagements when needed
- Keep current with the Hadoop Big Data ecosystem technologies
- Travel up to 75%
- Aptitude for learning new skills and technology quickly
- Demonstrable programming experience (in any language)
- Experience in Linux / Unix environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Theoretical knowledge of big data / analytics concepts
- Proven interest in Big Data development, Data Engineering, or Data Science
- Strong communication, consulting, and presentation skills
Nice to have (but not required):
- Bachelor of Software Engineering / IT / Computer Science or related discipline (Honors/Masters/PHD a plus)
- Hands on development experience with Apache technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Hive, Pig, Storm, Solr, Phoenix, Accumulo, Falcon, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie
- Experience with open-source software
- Experience setting up multi-node Hadoop clusters
- Strong SQL skills
- Java, C++, Python, and/or R development
- Experience with NoSQL data technology
- Experience in any cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer, OpenStack)
- Understanding of various enterprise security solutions (LDAP and/or Kerberos)
- Understanding of Networking concepts
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering concepts and practices
- Experience with distributed systems, machine learning or artificial intelligence algorithms
- Ability to understand big data use-cases, and recommend standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments
- Knowledge of the data management eco-system including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, data engineering etc.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.